Friday, February 1, 2013

First Blog Ever...Intro to Me :)

    I have been wanting to start a blog for a while now...I have had so many ideas and thoughts running through my head lately that I figured it would just help me to get it all written out somewhere. Also I have been making some healthier lifestyle changes that many have been interested in knowing how that is going so I figured this would be the best way to keep everyone informed :). I will get to all the changes in just a bit!

   I don't want this to get too lengthy, but I would like to give a little background information about myself first! My name is Jami and I have lived in West Virginia all my life. I used to want out of here the first chance I got, but I have learned to not only appreciate what this state has to offer, but also really enjoy the beauty of it. I attended Marshall University and received my bachelor's in Math Education. I am now a freshman math teacher, and currently taking graduate classes to get my masters in education. I got married July 24, 2010 and it was the best decision of my life. My husband is my rock. He is very supportive, helping and loving, and I am blessed to have him as mine.

   Unfortunately right after we got married, I developed a strange skin disorder called chronic urticarial (chronic hives) in the major form of dermatographism (which literally means the ability to write on ones skin. I have been told by doctors that it is an internal issue where my body produces too much histamine in order to defend any outside attack (i.e. a scratch, rub, or hot/cold contact to my skin).
All these doctor's wanted to do was put me n high dosages of anti-histamine and sometimes even medicines that were actually for depression and what not. Personally, I am becoming "not a fan" of all these prescriptions doctors are wanting to put us on, so I have begun to take matter into my own hands.
This is my arm a couple minutes after lightly scratching "hello"

   My healthy lifestyle change consists of a change in diet, taking more natural supplements rather than prescriptions, changing what I not only put into my body by on my body (skin), and working out more...which is where the sweats portion of this blog comes into play. I will get more into these changes I am making in other blogs, but I wanted to point out the greatest one for me to over come right now is sugar. As the other name of this blog sit, sweets, I love to decorate cakes and of course eat them haha.  But because I have had several bouts with candida (yeast) I am noticing they usually end up making me feel quite sick afterwards. So that is the first thing I am cutting out. No worries though, I will still be making cakes :)

   I have so many pictures of cakes that I have decorated in the past 2 years that I would take up way to much room posting them all, but here are a few of my favorite ones I have made thus far...



Well there's about me...I will be posting again soon to let you all know the changes I have been making for a fresh start to 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment